The Eugene Mission is looking for a new Social Services Case Manager. More information bellow:
Social Services Case Manager
The Social Services Case Manager is a key member of the Social Services Team at the Eugene Mission. We emphasize the Mission’s strategy of “wellness” and not “homelessness.” This role participates in the current extensive improvement efforts to move in the direction of wellness.
Reporting & Schedule:
- The Social Services Case Manager reports to the Director of Social Services.
- Shift hours for this position are Monday through Friday – 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (and evenings on occasion).
- Maintain a case load of guests, which includes conducting intakes and goal setting
- Utilize a network of social service providers who can be a resource to Mission guests.
- Provide support and encouragement from a biblical perspective as needed to guests.
- Perform routine drug and alcohol screenings on guests.
- Participate in staff reviews and disciplinary meetings with guests.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Work with collaboratively with management in various Centers to deliver services.
- Offer empathetic listening to guests as they share their struggles.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of wellness and hope with end goals for each guest being employment/sustainable income and housing.
- Provide case management and resource referral which includes:
- Meet with guests within a week of their intake meetings in order to ascertain needs and growth areas.
- With each guest, decide on priorities, goals and objectives in order to develop a working action plan. The purpose of this plan is to assist the guest in moving forward toward health and self-sufficiency.
- Set dates on which to periodically evaluate each guest’s progress toward goals.
- Goal Planning and Follow-Up.
- Utilize Service Point software and other electronic recordkeeping to track progress and maintain accurate statistics
- Seek and network with social service resources in the community in order to provide effective case management.
- Communicate (large group and individually) the opportunities offered by social service agencies on site.
- Make referrals of guests to the Eugene Mission Life Change Program if appropriate
- Be prepared to point guests toward Jesus Christ as the ultimate answer to healing in guests’ lives and to promote their connection to a Bible-teaching church as well as to Celebrate Recovery and Genesis Process groups.
- Participate in Staff Reviews in cooperation with other staff team members in scheduled or spontaneous reviews of guests, as well as challenging guest behaviors that hurt the safety of the environment at the Eugene Mission.
- Report metrics to Social Services Director for grant, management, and Board reporting purposes.
- Mature believer in Jesus Christ and able to sign statement of faith agreement.
- Able to build rapport with guests and demonstrate empathy.
- BA/BS in Social Services, Human Services, or related field required. Exception can be made for existing employees, or candidates that have CADC certification with at least 2 years experience working in addiction treatment program.
- Prefer males to service in Men’s Center and women to serve in Women’s & Women & Children’s Center.
- A demonstrated passion for ministry, advocacy and issues surrounding homelessness and poverty.
- Godly character reflected in humility, honesty, and integrity.
- Experience or training in case management required.
- Experience or training in addiction/recovery field preferred.
- Good organization skills for time management and delegation of tasks.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Capable of writing clear goals and objectives with each guest and maintain case notes.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Ability to work well within a team, especially under stressful conditions.
- Proficiency at thinking through complex problems to arrive at workable solutions.
- Salary Range: To be determined based on experience.
- Full health and dental insurance benefits.
- Life Insurance.
- Retirement plan.
- Paid vacation and selected holidays.
Note: The Eugene Mission is a Christian Ministry and as such, pursuant to Civil Rights Act Section 702, the Eugene Mission has the right to hire only candidates who agree with the Eugene Mission’s Statement of Faith.